A Few of My Favourite Artists/Illustrators


I am a huge fan of art in many various mediums, and though I do dabble myself in drawing and painting now and again, I am most inspired by others artwork.
When a picture can convey a feeling or an idea that means something to me, along with being aesthetically appealing, it hits an emotional note I confess I find in only a few other things.
Here I wanted to share a few of my favourites.

YAOYAO MA VAN AS

I stumbled across Yaoyao Ma Van As' art when I found an article about pictures that conveyed being introverted, single and how awesome it could be. Knowing about being introverted and single myself quite intimately, I instantly fell in love with her illustrations that channels so much of my own life, but with an almost whimsical twist that I really felt drawn too. Most often featuring her dog while they enjoy the small pleasures of life on your own, Yaoyao Ma Van As' art never fails to inspire me to continue on the path of the single life and make the absolute best of it and realize that it's pretty great if you allow it to be. Definitely check out her work and support her if you can!
www.yaoyaomavanas.com

AEPPOL

Similar to Yayao Ma Van As' art, Aeppol is a Korean artist who takes simple pleasures like reading, walking in nature, daydreaming or gardening, among many other things and gives them an even more whimsical, fairytale feel. Often accompanied by a small dog with horns and a squirrel, Aeppol's art conveys a feeling of calm serenity, enjoying the moment you're in and the often hidden life of the dreamer. Some of her illustrations are simple everyday things and some are more fantastical, but I enjoy all of them! Absolutely check out her work and support her if you can!
www.instagram.com/_aeppol/

YUUMEI

I discovered Yuumei's art in my wanderings on Pintrest and was drawn to her themes and aesthetic style. There is definitely an anime feel to her work, but she's made it all her own and does fantastic things with colour, reflections and landscapes. Much of her work features bringing colour, life and nature to they grey drabness of our world - something I truly felt a connection too. Her art also has a lot of surrealism and what she chooses to mesh together makes for interesting and beautiful images. She has everything from landscapes to cityscapes to fantasy to sci-fi, but maintains a style that you will instantly recognize. Highly recommend checking her work out and supporting her if you can.
www.yuumeiart.com

MANKA KASHA

I hate to keep re-using the same word over and over again, but there seems to be a theme to many of my favourite artists and that is 'whimsical'. And probably the most whimsical of all the ones in this list is Manka Kasha. Her work might be most at home in a children's illustrated book, but as an adult, I enjoy it just as much - maybe more! Her work is truly that of a dreamer. Flying to the moon, finding adventure while reading, sailing in teacups or swinging from stars, the art just exudes a feeling of warmth and a kinship with those to fantasize about things beyond our reach in the real world. She draws for the fantastical dreamers and I couldn't be more delighted to fall into her fantastical worlds. I gladly recommend checking out her work and supporting her if you can!
www.instagram.com/manka_kasha/

Obviously being an art lover there are many, many, many more artists on radar, but I thought I'd share just a few of the ones I enjoy in the hopes that someone out there will also find comfort and inspiration from them.


Comments